I got a bouquet of flowers a few weeks ago, I can't remember for what now, and these cute little fillers that were were used in the arrangement fascinated me. The florist told me they were called monkey paw... but they're not even close to what monkey paw looks like (and, incidentally, it's more commonly referred to as kangaroo paw anyway). I tried to find out what they are actually called using my resident flower expert, Mrs. Google, but she failed me. So, instead I choose to call them monkey dongles -- because that's the new favorite word in our house these days.