A folly of firsts:

1. Who was your FIRST prom date?
He was a percussionist friend of mine and we went to the prom just as friends because neither of us had another date. The next most significant thing I remember about him is he helped me pick up my car once - as in off the ground. But that's another story.

2. Do you still talk to your FIRST love?
Yes.

3. What was your FIRST alcoholic drink?
I have never been much of a drinker. I think someone let me try their bloody mary at some event when I was in college. I loved it. Which is why I probably shouldn't be a drinker.

4. What was your FIRST job?
Hawking sodas at a football game. Man, you have to have good knees for that.

5. What was your FIRST car?
Honda Civic. I believe I replaced the clutch on that car more often than I replaced the oil.

6. Who was the FIRST person to text you today?
No one. I'm not so hip with the texting and the technology and and the twitscape and stuff.

7. Who is the FIRST person you thought of this morning?
Gordon B. Hinckley. Now follow me here: I played for a funeral on Saturday and the piece I played was a song with lyrics written by him. The tune has been stuck in my head now for days and every morning I wake up hearing it in my head.

8. Who was your FIRST grade teacher?
Mrs. Spade. What I remember about her was she was really, REALLY proud of her Irish heritage and she invented a leprechaun named Malcolm that was the classroom "mascot." She had this whole mythology and back story about him, where he lived, what he wore, his brother's name, how he came to America, etc. He was very small and shy which explained why he would never appear in person, but sometimes he would bring things to the classroom when we weren't there and leave them for it. And here's the thing: we kids believed in him like we believed in Santa Claus. We never saw him, but we were privy to his handiwork. For example, one day we'd come into the classroom and all the chairs would be on their sides. There'd be a letter from Malcolm on the board apologizing because he'd come in to leave treats for the class but his brother, the mischief maker, knocked all the chairs over. She had a station set up in the classroom where we could write notes to Malcolm and Mrs. Spade promised to deliver them - she was the only one he'd talk to you see. Then the next day, we'd get a note back from Malcolm. So... pretty much... my first pen pal was an invisible leprechaun. Now I realize it was all an elaborate ruse to get us kids to write. I've often thought of Mrs. Spade and how today she'd probably be fired for teaching the kids to believe her lies.

9. Where did you go on your FIRST ride on an airplane?
I have no recollection of where we were going but I do remember parking for my first airplane ride and my grandmother prepping me by explaining what would happen on the plane: "They'll give you a little packet of peanuts to eat and a liiiiittttttle bit of Coke with a LOT of ice."

10. Who was your FIRST best friend & do you still talk?
The first friend I remember having was a girl down the street named "Peanut." Ok, her real name wasn't Peanut, but that's what everyone called her. Was it Liz maybe? I definitely don't remember her last name. I'm afraid we no longer talk, mainly because it's hard to find some one on Facebook using the search terms "Peanut" and "used to live down the street from me."

11. Where was your FIRST sleep over?
No clue. But I do remember one sleep over where we made up choreography to the song from the Underoos commercial.

12. Who was the FIRST person you talked to today?
The Caterpillar. I believe what I said to her was, "Good morning, sweethe.... please don't put your hands in my mouth, you just had them in your diaper."

13. Whose wedding were you in the FIRST time?
Could this be a friend when I was in college? I honestly can't remember anything before that. Apparently, some people are not always a bridesmaid.

14. What was the FIRST thing you did this morning?
Let's see, how many euphemisms for urinate can I come up with? Piddle, widdle, tinkle, water the garden, strain the potatoes, drain the tank, Jimmy Riddle, pump ship, point Percy at the porcelain... had enough yet?

15. What was the FIRST concert you ever went to?
I have been to so many, I honestly don't know. I think it might have been a Shlomo Mintz recital. But I could be wrong.

16. FIRST tattoo?
This is it.

17. FIRST piercing?
This is my back.

18. FIRST foreign country you visited?
Gotta be Mexico. I remember very little about it though.

19. FIRST movie you remember seeing?
Breaking Away. I think this might explain the Dennis Quaid fetish I developed later in life.

20. When was your FIRST detention?
I have never been to detention. I was such a goody two shoes... and oh man, did I love that song.

21. What was the FIRST state you lived in?
Sate of confusion, state of denial, state of flux, state of denial... take your pick.

22. Who was your FIRST roommate?
This would be my freshman year in college. She lasted about three weeks and then ditched me for a better dorm so I had the room to myself for the rest of the year. Yay me!

23. If you had one wish. What would it be?
What's the old saying?

24. What is something you would learn if you had the chance?
How to

25. Who do you think will be the next person to post this?
Anybody's guess. Have at it fellow bloggers!