This is the time of year when I want to sit back, take a deep breath, and then smash my face in with a frying pan because I went ahead and signed up for NaBloPoMo... again. And I did this knowing full well that I have two kids, a house that is desperately crying out for attention, a cat that needs to be medicated twice daily, and a husband that... wait, is he still around? All because November is the busiest time of the year for me at work and I can't think of much else.

It's not that I don't want to write something substantive. I have all kinds of thoughts for interesting/pensive/poignant/funny blog posts, but because I haven't even made it from my desk to the bathroom without getting interrupted along the way in the past three weeks, those thoughts don't stay in my head long enough to get committed to internet. Trust me though, they were brilliant.

With any luck, my conference will be over soon and I can return to my usual well-thought out drivel about why I love the internet, the funniest thing my kid did this week and mediocre pictures taken with my camera. Until then, enjoy one of these fine writers.