One of my biggest pet peeves about the holiday season is the term Black Friday and all it represents. We almost never go to a store or a mall on the Friday after Thanksgiving just on principle. if we do, it's to window shop and watch people act crazy, not to shop.

That's why I'm thrilled to participate in
Buy Nothing Day this year. I was hoping to find a nice Zombie Walk to invite you all to attend, (although the the Whirl-Mart sounds infinitely interesting too with the added bonus of pissing off the powers that be at Wal-Mart) but there doesn't seem to be anything organized in my area and I'm thinking it's a little too late to start planning. So instead, enjoy this video and think for a second or two before spending a bunch of money on stuff most people don't need and only vaguely want. I know that I've been sucked into the "stuff" mentality of Christmas in the past, despite my best intentions. I'm making a renewed effort to consider the following this year when we plan for Christmas. Ultimately, what my kids really crave is time with me, not things. I'm hoping to keep that in mind more this year.