My other favorite of the photos I took and submitted to a local exhibition last week. This also was not chosen. Are we sensing a theme here? Like maybe I should not be judging photography contests?


I don't know what this plant is. If you do, please tell me. These delicate little blooms are each about the size of a percocet capsule (don't ask me how I know that) and the color is so subtle it was almost an afterthought. I had to boost up the contrast and the saturation to make it read on film properly (well, not "film," but what else do you call it these days? They really need to come up with a word for that). I love that the stamen of the plant come in a color so complimentary, that I'd find them both on the same page of the PMS Swatch book, just on opposite ends. I want some for my front yard.