Aragorn: Gentlemen, we do not stop till nightfall.

Pippin: What about breakfast?

Aragorn: You've already had it.

Pippin: We've had one, yes. What about second breakfast?

[Aragorn turns and walks off in disgust]

Merry: I don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip.

Pippin: What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?

Merry: I wouldn't count on it.

When I drop off the large one and the small one for summer camp, if you get there early enough they have breakfast for the kids. I almost always feed my kids before leaving the house, but this breakfast became an integral part of getting The Caterpillar to accept going to day care. If there was something to eat, she wouldn't cry when I left her. I know that this is probably a poor way to contribute to the CDC's
future stats, but I'll play Scarlett and think about that tomorrow. For now, this will do. They get up and eat breakfast - usually something small like a banana or cereal. Then we drive to "class day" and they eat second breakfast. It's like we're Hobbits.

This summer one of the kids in The Dormouse's class is a very precocious third grader who manages to both charm and annoy all those around her. This was the exchange between her and a teacher this morning:

"Would you like a pancake?"

"I had one."

"Would you like another one?"

*annoyed* "No. There's a recession, you know."