As much as it pains me, I've often tried to... not censor myself, per se... let's just say that I'd like to be as kind as I possibly can with other people's feelings when writing for this website. There are a lot of things I want to write about, but then I think of the people who read this regularly (or worse yet, the people I know who might have stumbled on this unbeknownst to me) and the hurt feelings my sarcasm, which doesn't transfer well into print, might cause.

Somedays, I want this website to be just as brutally honest and true-to-life as it can be and I think 'Offend them all! Salt the Earth. Let God sort out the rest.' But when I really consider whatever fallout there might be from telling a less-than-flattering story about or my differences of opinion with a friend or relative and ask myself the question, "Is it worth it?" Is it worth the inevitable fight that will be caused and the hurt to the relationship - and I think we all know, if I'm one of the people involved, that relationship to begin with was tenuous at best - and is my allegiance to the Interweb stronger than to these people who are in and share my life? And I'd say about, oh... 73% of the time, it is not. Sorry, Interweb, that's just the way it is.

Although I know this will come as a suprise to him, one of the places where I work the hardest on this is with my husband. One day a few years ago while I was speaking in church, I publicly expressed my love for him and for the fun he brings into my life and I apologized for what I termed 'making fun of him way too often'. There was chuckling from the congragation and I finished my talk and sat down. The next person stood to speak after me and, commenting on my dialogue, said, "I notice that while she apologized for making fun of him, she did not say that she wouldn't do it again."

It's true. He's a funny guy and there are just things he says and does that Must. Be. Shared. Who could expect me to deprive the world from knowing stories like this? No one, that's who.

But when writing about The KingofHearts, I really do try to stick to The Funny and not just the things that piss me off or that will intentionally make him look like a bumbling fool. He's a brilliant, kind, entertaining person and I love him more today than the day we married... which only seems like twenty years ago. (No, I won't ever let you live that one down.) I think in any marriage, it's important to remember the real picture: that the relationship is something bigger than who left the toilet seat up or underwear on the floor - even during the inevitable arguments you'll have about those exact things.

All that having been said, I've just learned that KoH and his little circle of friends have been referring to me behind my back as "She Who Shall Not Be Named."

All bets are off now.