- the number of cubits upwards that Noah's ark was borne by the Flood in Genesis
- the number of tiles in a typical sliding puzzle
- a triangular number, a hexagonal number, a pentatope number and the 4th Bell number
- the number of measures in this piece of music
- the atomic number of phosphorus
- the number of minutes of fame everyone gets, according to Andy Warhol
- the number of players on a rugby team
- the number of days in each of the twenty-four cycles of the Chinese calendar
- a double factorial of five
- the number of minutes after nine o'clock my dentist's appointment was supposed to be this morning, only I heard "fifty" and showed up late
It's also the number of years I have been married as of today.
I'm not the institution of marriage's biggest proponent, if you haven't noticed. But I will say this. Of all the people available to put up with fifteen years of working and paying and living and dying in this lifetime, I probably couldn't have found a better companion to laugh at it all with than The KingofHearts. So happy anniversary to us. Fifteen years and we're still speaking to one another... but only on alternate days.
P.S. I'm still calling it a practice marriage.