Transcript of discussion with my obstetrician, Dr. NeitherOneOfThoseGuys, on Monday:

"OK - so you should know that with each successive section, it takes a little longer. This is what number for you?"

"Third."

"Right. So while the baby will be delivered very quickly, it'll probably take more time to finish and close you up. There's a lot more scar tissue to deal with and we have to do our best to cut that all out so you'll heal evenly and cleanly."

"Maybe you could throw in a little tummy tuck - I mean... as long as you're in there anyway?" (yeah, I'm sure she's never heard that one before)


"Ha ha ha. You know, a lot of people ask me that. But you probably wouldn't want me to do it for you. Unfortunately, I lack the training for that procedure."

"Well, you should get it... because it'd be a really nice service to offer."