Transcript of an actual phone call / conversation my husband recently had on his mobile phone:

Ring ring ring.

KoH: Hello?

Person on Other Side: *garbled, incomprehensible*

KoH: Hello?

POS: Can I please speak to... *garbled, incomprehensible*

KoH: To whom? I didn't get that.

POS: *garbled, incomprehensible*

KoH: What?

POS: *raises voice, speaks into receiver more directly* Now can you hear me?

KoH: Yes, that's a little better.

POS: Can I please speak to Mrs. Alice?

KoH: Oh, that's my wife, she's not at this number.

POS: Well, my name is *garbled, incomprehensible*

KoH: *yelling* WHAT?

POS: *much louder* I'm calling from Sprint and I'm calling to *garbled, incomprehensible*

KoH: Didn't get that last part. Why are you calling?

POS: I'm calling from Spring to see if you're happy with your service.

KoH: What???

POS: *yelling* I'M CALLING FROM SPRINT TO FIND OUT IF YOU'RE HAPPY WITH YOUR SERVICE.

KoH: Ooooh!! Yeah, It's okay, I guess.

POS: OK then, have a nice day.

KoH: What?

click