Scene: Renaissance Faire, Pennsylvania. Walking leisurely through vendor row. Nice, wholesome, family activity.

Dormouse: "Mom! Look at that outfit! Wouldn't that make a good church outfit?"

Me: "I don't see the outfit you're talking about."

Dormouse: "There." *points vaguely in that direction*

Me: "Where?"

Dormouse: "There!" *more haphazard pointing*

Me: "I don't see what you're talking about."

Dormouse: "This outfit. HERE!" 

She runs up to the chain mail vendor and points to....

....

....
 
 THIS:



Half a dozen people overhear this discussion and, apparently, the look on my face (because that was pretty loud) when I realize what she thinks is a "good church outfit."

Me: "GOOD HEAVENS. WHAT KIND OF CHURCH ARE YOU GOING TO, KID?"

Same bystanders laugh.

Dormouse:  *sullenly*  "Well, I was gonna wear tights."