A lot of people ask me why we don't leave the D.C. area.  It's crowded, there's too much traffic, it's expensive, and schools are, well problematic. I'm still not convinced that other areas don't have exactly the same problems, but you know what other areas don't have?  Historic sites and Smithsonian museums where you can go, spend two hours, then see that it's enough already and your kids are starting to lose it, so you go home not feeling robbed, because you didn't just spend $78 for four people to enter a museum and you don't feel it necessary to stay all day and get your money's worth, as God is my witness.

Case in point:

Paper Airplane Contest at the Air and Space Museum.  



Also: they saw moon rocks and dirt, which by everyone's standards, was pretty awesome.

This is why I love my city.