“If you saw Atlas, the giant who holds the world on his shoulders, if you saw that he stood, blood running down his chest, his knees buckling, his arms trembling but still trying to hold the world aloft with the last of his strength, and the greater his effort the heavier the world bore down on his shoulders—what would you tell him to do?” " To Shrug."

Monica, so impressed by the deck accomplished by The KingofHearts, (Deck Accomplished, see what I did there? Bwahahahaikillme.) was inspired and decided she also needed to have also have a deck where you didn't risk your life by stepping out onto it.  (Greedy!)  So she undertook a deck improvement project of her own.


Since simply holding it up from underneath seemed like an inappropriate use of her time, I brought over my manual laborer husband and The KingofHearts gave her a few pointers, like how to turn on that Mother's Day present she asked for last May.


And how to measure just a tiny bit too long for every single joist. 

Just kidding, Monica.  I think he gave you those measurements because he enjoyed hammering each and every joist into place a la Amish construction... to prove his manhood.


Me?  I was about as much help as an Oompla Loompa feeding a giraffe. (Why no online image of that, Google?  I think you're falling down on the job. But then again, I can't quit you, Google, because here's something even more awesome instead.)  Apparently, I'm shorter than even *I* gave myself credit for, so I got the easy job and stood on chairs to Nail Stuff In while the Tall Ones did all the heavy lifting.  

Occasionally, I took a break to photo document the day.  

And to enjoy watching everyone get covered with sawdust.


Meanwhile, back at the ranch inside the house....


Monica's husband, Barry decides he doesn't really want to have lipstick applied to his forehead at the Gorgeous Pretty Beauty Little Girl Nail Salon and tries to hide under the bed.  So the Shortlings begin the lengthy process of adorning his feet instead.


He tried to disappear like a snake into its hole,


but they were smarter than him and found the other end.


A satisfied, if reluctant, customer.  He's rather gorgeous, isn't he?