I've been working on my Dooce impersonation this week with all the photos. I guess I need to break my vow of silence sometime. This seemed like a fun meme to steal which would not require many brain cells to complete a post. Maybe I'll get back to writing actual words tomorrow. (Or the next day.)

Halloween Meme

Bold those you’ve seen.
Italicize movies you have started but couldn’t finish.
Add an asterisk* to those you have watched more than once.
Underline those on your To Watch list.

  • The Shining* - Oh man, do I love this movie. Especially the remake that they did a few years ago, which in my opinion, was much, much better than the Jack Nicholson version.
  • The Exorcist - I have an issue with devil possession movies. It's the one thing I'm not interested in watching.
  • The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - Haven't seen the new one. The old one bit.
  • The Silence of the Lambs* - one of my favorite movies of all time, not because I too want to make a suit of human skin, but because it's just generally a perfectly made film.
  • Jaws* - you can't be a John Williams fan and not have seen this one, but ultimately? The soundtrack was better than the movie. Except for the line "We're gonna need a bigger boat." and Robert Shaw's drunken tirade.
  • Halloween - This (and Friday the 13th later) were the quintessential make-your-date-hold-you-close movies of my teenagerhood. Perhaps in the ultimate act of rebellion, I refused to see any of them. Once they got to Halloween 23 and Friday the 54th, I vowed never to rent any of them either.
  • Psycho* - I loves me some Hitchcock. Although there are much better Hitchcock films as Hitchcock films go.
  • Seven* - This is possibly the creepiest movie I have ever seen in my life. The kind of movie that makes you lose what little faith in humanity you had left. I've seen it several times.
  • Rosemary's Baby - I'm sure this was all "pushing the envelope" and stuff when it came out in 1968, but I saw it for the first time just this year and the only thing that horrified me was how stupid it was.
  • Poltergeist* - Seen it about a million times but the first was in a movie theater in a small town where my cousins lived and the exit door let out into a cemetery after the movie was over. Awesome effect.
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street - Another quintessential teenage horror movie of my teen years. I did not see it until I was in my 20s and realized that Johnny Depp was in it.
  • Friday the 13th - See Halloween
  • The Thing - Fun old film that I always enjoy.
  • The Evil Dead - Oh my. The KingofHearts has a Giant Thing for this movie. I found its campiness fun until it got old... which is about 6 minutes after the opening credits roll. However, the movie is made infinitely better by reading this book first.
  • Carrie* - Loved this. Loved the book. Loved the new version. Especially love all the parodies done of it since.
  • Night of the Living Dead - Classic!
  • The Omen - Another stupid one that I didn't seen until adulthood.
  • An American Werewolf in London - How did I miss this one?
  • Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer - Why haven't I ever heard of this one?
  • The Hitcher* - I have a history with this movie. The remake was just as interesting as the original and I loved what they did with the characters - although Sean Bean pales in comparison to Rutger Hauer on the creep me out scale.
  • Lost Highway - Somehow missed this despite my devotion to David Lynch. Because I love watching a movie and going "Huh?" when it's all over.
  • The Blair Witch Project - Hated it. Oh lordy was this a load of crap.
  • Pet Cemetery - How could you not love any movie with Herman Munster in it? Oh.. wait... it could be Pet Cemetery.
  • Saw - Yeah... since I had kids I haven't seen a scary movie in the theater.
  • The Ring - Could not decide if this was dreadfully scary or dreadfully stupid.
  • Scream - First one was fun. Didn't bother with the sequels.
Happy Halloween!