This week I uncharacteristically allowed The Dormouse to take some pictures with my camera while we were waiting for a event I was photographing to start.  It's not that I don't trust her with it, nor that I think she shouldn't have the experience of using a real camera, I just can't stand the thought of "Can I use your camera, mom? Can I use your camera, mom? Can I use your camera, mom? Can I use your camera, mom?" every five minutes for the next six months and whenever I cave and let her use my phone, Kindle, camera, [insert technological device name here], that's exactly what happens.  Even if she qualifies every request with "just this once."  It's like with an addict, you don't let an addict have just a little taste to take the edge off, "just this once" because you know within a surprisingly short period of time, you'll be carting them off to rehab at your own expense.  

Anyway, she ran around and took a bunch of photos of the Christmas tree that is inexplicably still up in our church foyer and some of them are pretty good.  

]

Although the excellent clarity on this one highlights the horrible plastic tree they insist on keeping year after year at this church.

I love giving kids a camera because there's always a new perspective on things.


Now to prepare myself for "Can I use your camera, mom? Can I use your camera, mom? Can I use your camera, mom? Can I use your camera, mom?" for the first half of 2014.