So, school has started.  I'm trying to get back into the swing of writing again.  I took the last week of the summer off to spend it with my kids and it was kind of awesome, so the first day of school is a little bit bittersweet for me.  I kind of wish we could do this kind of learning and exploring the world together all the time and I briefly considered finding that commune in Virginia and homeschooling them. 

The first day was full of new school jitters and worries and the need for "outfits" and new backpacks and reassurances and having next to zero information from school administration about anything that might serve to make managing the first day in a new school just a tiny bit easier.  Apparently that is not a goal of this school system.

However, they have both returned unscathed and are now relaxing in a post-anxiety state of euphoria....

with the rope swing Dad made them this weekend.


Weirdos.