In the continuing saga of my daphne bush, early this winter we wrapped it in this cocoon of sorts to try and save it from heavy snowfall.  I just asked The KingofHearts what this thing was called and he shrugged his shoulders and said, "Ummm.... Bush Protector?"  But please don't google that because I think you might get a completely different set of results that have nothing to do with with horticulture.

I don't really know if it works because we haven't had any real snow to speak of this year.  Last night it snowed again, but it was so windy, it really just looked like a dust storm in the Southwest. None of the snows we've had this year have stuck for more than a few hours, which is a welcome change from the last couple of years when school was closed so often I felt like that cat in the Warner Brothers cartoon.  So maybe our special bush protector keeps away snow and other unwanted guests.  Which is not all that different from what you'd get if you googled that phrase, probably.  I'm just sayin'.