I try to stay away from politics on this site because I realize that I am probably never going to be completely informed about whatever subject is at hand and I don't like the idea of spoutting off ridiculous opinions in print without actually doing any real research on both sides of the issue. But, speaking from my purely emotional point of view this morning....

Here's what drives me nuts about the recent focus of this neverending long Bataan death march to the White House: The idea that someone is untrustworthy and not eligible to be elected president because he or she might be of Arab descent? Come on. Has it really come to this?
No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.
Putting aside the fact that no one in this presidential race happens to be an Arab... can I share something with everyone? IT DOESN'T MATTER! Near as I can tell, the above clause of the constitution says nothing about the race, religion, sexual preference, hair length, color of eyes, what middle name he might have been given thirty years before anyone in this country even knew who Saddam Hussein was, pet choice, or how long the legs are of the possible candidates for president. So why are we spending time talking about whether or not one of the candidates might be a secret Muslim? I applaud John McCain for choosing not feed into this ridiculousness... even if his campaign doesn't choose to take that same tactical maneuver.

I'm just glad that there are people out there who are reasonable enough to point out stuff like this.

I just wish they weren't all comedians.

/rant