Bunnies aren't just cute like everybody supposes,
They've got those hoppy legs and twitchy little noses.
And what's with all the carrots?
What do they need such good eyesight for anyway?


Remember last year when I pretty much made enemies with the animal kingdom? Wouldn't you think that there'd be a definite void of wildlife in my front yard after that auspicious incident?

Apparently, in addition to being cute and cuddly, Oryctolagus cuniculus just isn't that smart -- because see what's living in my front yard again?


It's a little difficult to tell. I didn't want to disturb them too much, get my smell all over them, and cause another international incident so you might have to click on the images and look at them in large format to see well... or you could just read on because I'm going to tell you:

BUNNIES.


The KingofHearts calls this my "personal justification photo" for use in proving to Peta that I could not, in fact, see the warren last year and had no way of knowing it was there. Right now, there is a lawn chair directly over this spot because we only figured out they were there when The Dormouse was wandering around in the front yard and then came in and announced "I think is a squeaky toy in the front grass."

KoH: "Huh?"

DM: "I stepped in the grass and I heard a 'squeak, squeak'."

He went to investigate and found these four little guys:


This momma bunny brings new meaning to the phrase if at first you don't succeed try, try again. We filled up the hole she dug last year after The Incident We Shall Not Speak Of Again and this rabbit has dug a new hole not six inches away from the first one. Well, assuming it's the same momma bunny, I guess. Who knows? Maybe our yard is just the hippest hangout for yuppie bunnies who want to start a family.

No one is allowed to mow the lawn until they vacate. I'm not even going to think about how many litters she might have this year.